Our world is incredible. There are so many amazing travel experiences out there. But do you find it time consuming and difficult to find them?
Hi, I’m Matt, the founder of Bucket List Travels.
I’m a passionate traveller – I’ve now visited over 100 destinations in more than 60 countries and had many incredible bucket list travel experiences. I plan to do many more.. at least when the kids are old enough to come with me.
I started Bucket List Travels because I found researching bucket list trips to be a time-consuming and frustrating process.
There’s so much information out there to wade through, poor quality recommendations mixed in with good, and it’s hard to know who to trust in an era of AI and fake reviews.
I just wanted someone – experts – to tell me where to go and what to do, to plan my trips around. So I started seeking the advice of expert travel writers around the world, to combine their experience with my own.
I hope you like the site and find it useful, but most of all I hope it gets you travelling – and ticking those extraordinary experiences off your list.
I hope that getting people to ‘bucket list’ travel, and experience the incredible wonders of the world, will:
- Make us all fight harder to protect the earth, and save it for our children
- Provide income to local people in poorer countries, incentivising them to protect Earth’s treasures
- Make us all more understanding and tolerant of others, and appreciative of what we have.
Here are 8 stand-out features of Bucket List Travels that I think you’ll love:
- Only the best travel experiences, curated and distilled by experts – no fakes, no bias
- Newspaper-grade writing by top journalists, plus over 25,000 stunning images
- An advanced search to quickly discover great bucket list travel experiences
- Filters to refine your search results down to your specific needs
- Save favourites to a ‘travel bucket list’
- Ready-made itineraries to quick start your trip planning
- Recommendations of who best to book with
- Round-ups of the ‘best of the best’ for ultimate travel inspiration
There are a million travel sites out there, but no other travel site (that I know of) offers all of these features in one, which together makes bucket list travel research so much easier and more enjoyable.
Right now, it’s quite UK and Europe-centric (as I’m based in the UK), but more content is being added every week, and one day, I hope to cover the whole world in the same depth.
What we don’t do
The site doesn’t take bookings – I only recommend who to book with. I also don’t recommend flights or car hire – that’s just logistics, you don’t need an expert travel writer’s opinion.
I also don’t recommend restaurants – unless there is some unique experience involved. They change so quickly it’s impossible to keep up, and you’re better off asking your hotel or a consulting a specialist site like a local foodie blog.
My writers must specialise in the destinations or experiences they write about, and must write or have regularly written in the past, for the world’s top publications like Condé Nast Traveller, The Telegraph, The Times, Lonely Planet, Frommer’s, and so on. Many of my writers have written the guidebook.
See a list of the writers and their impressive expertise here.